Whether it's finding that perfect color for your walls or overhauling an entire house, New Orleans designers, Chet Pourciau has a design solution in mind for you. Chet's creative design and his eye for style has allowed him to perfect an undeniably original style that he is happy to share with others. Specializing in vintage and modern furniture and lighting, Chet mixes items that straddle both worlds of contemporary and traditional. So, if you're in the neighborhood, stop by Chet Pourciau Design's retail store located on the famous Magazine Street in New Orleans, or catch him as he hosts his show Chet Chat
on the local PBS station where he offers a plethora of design tips to viewers.
We're thrilled to have Chet joining us at the NOLA Home Show
, January 16 - 18 at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center. But before you see him at the show, enjoy our interview with him below and check out Chet's responses to learn more about his personal and unique design style.
Marketplace Events (MPE): What type of house warming gift do you usually give?
- Chet Pourciau (Chet): "Something from my shop of course! Usually my signature candle!"
MPE: If you weren't a home and garden expert, what would you be doing?
- Chet: "A personal trainer. I love working with and encouraging other people."
MPE: What is the best part of your job?
- Chet: "Making people happy!"
MPE: What's one thing you think every homeowner should know?
- Chet: "Lighting is very important."
MPE: Would you rather watch Orange Is The New Black
or Game Of Thrones
- Chet: "I'd rather watch sports!"
MPE: What inspires you?
- Chet: "Right now, Iberia Parish where I grew up. I have based my new home furnishings line on it."
MPE: How has your design style changed over the years?
- Chet: "I think I now pay more attention to the small details."
MPE: What's your go-to dish to serve at a dinner party?
- Chet: "Paella. Everyone likes it and you probably have everything you need to make it in your house already."
MPE: What's one thing we wouldn't guess about you?
- Chet: "I was one Mr. Bingle!" (A famous New Orleans Christmas snowman character)
MPE: What home and garden trends do you think will emerge in 2015?
- Chet: "We will be seeing a lot of brass accessories."
MPE: Have you ever had a favorite moment on your show? Tell us about it and what makes it so special.
- Chet: "I will always remember a young artist from the Magnolia Special School. His mother had just died and he told me how proud she would have been to see him on TV."
MPE: What's the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
- Chet: "Say a little prayer."
MPE: What home and garden items are currently on your wish list?
- Chet: "I'm having some custom designed gas lanterns made for my home."
MPE: What advice would you give to first time home buyers?
- Chet: "Pay attention to color and lighting. It will give you the biggest bang for your buck."
MPE: What's your biggest design don't? What do you encourage homeowners to stay away from?
- Chet: "Be careful about being too 'on trend'. You may regret it in about six months!"
The NOLA Home Show
takes over the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center from January 16 -18, 2015. Chet Pourciau will be appearing on stage on Saturday, January 17 for a Q&A panel with Ty Pennington. Don't miss your chance to hear in-person celebrity expert advice pertaining to all your home and garden needs. Haven't bought your tickets yet? Get 2-for-1 on our Facebook Ticket Deals